Tips and tricks for wood wick candles
The wicks in wood wick candles are made out of 100% real wood, which produces a low flame and crackling sound when lit - just like a real fire!
Wood wick candles provide a lovely, warm ambience but require slightly different care from a regular cotton-wicked candle to get going.
- The first burn is the most important. Ensure that you have at least 3 hours to keep the candle burning until the wax is melted across the sides of the jar. Light the wood at the base of the wick where it touches the wax. Hold your lighter here for a count of 10, until a wax pool is formed around the wick and the whole wick is fully ignited.
- For each subsequent burn, ensure burnt tip of wick is removed by pinching it with a tissue. The wick should be trimmed to 1/4" before every burn.
- Sometimes your wood wick will burn out on its own. This is common and just means your candle needs some extra care to get your wick burning at 100%. If this happens, wait until wax is hardened, trim your wick, and light again following the steps for the first burn mentioned above. If your candle continues to snuff out, take a spoon or chopstick and remove wax from edges of jar so that the wax is level across the whole candle. Relight and enjoy!
To safely burn your candle and preserve its longevity, please follow the following steps:
- Soy wax is sensitive to changes in humidity and temperature. please store in a cool and dry area when not using.
- In order to avoid "tunneling" of wax, ensure wax melts across to sides of jar. This is especially important for the first burn.
- Trim wick to 1/4 inch before each burn and keep wax pool free of debris. This will decrease soot from the wick and optimize the lifetime of your candle.
- Only burn candle on heat resistant surface - do not burn candles on or near anything that is flammable
- Do not leave candles unattended or around children and pets
- Do not burn candles for longer than 4 hours at a time
- Do not move or touch candle when wick is lit and wax is liquified.
Made with 100% soy wax
All candles are made with 100% all-natural, vegan soy wax and paraben and phthalate-free fragrance and essential oils.
- Soy wax is made from soybean oil and is much more renewable and biodegradable than petroleum-based paraffin wax, making it an eco-friendly choice.
- Soy wax burns more efficiently than paraffin candles. This means that you can burn the same size candle for longer. More burn for your buck!
- Due to its composition, soy wax is prone to a phenomenon called "frosting". This is a property of untreated, all-natural soy wax and does not affect burn time or scent throw. Frosting occurs when the soy wax crystallizes on the glass container it is held in, causing a "frosted" appearance on the glass. Fluctuations in temperature and humidity cause frosting.
- Remember: all-natural soy wax is sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity. When cold, soy wax may contract slightly from its container leaving "wet spots". When hot, soy wax may "sweat" on the top of the candle (please dab with a tissue before burning if this happens). Neither affect the burn quality of the candle.